Star LED’s Limited Warranty Information
- Star LED provides a fourteen (14) day return window (see Return of Non-Defective Products below) and the following limited warranty. This limited warranty extends only to the original purchaser.
- Please note that any warranty services or questions must be accompanied with the order number from the transaction through which the warranted product was purchased. The order number serves as your warranty number and must be retained. Star LED will offer no warranty service without this number.
- Star LED warrants products and its parts against defects in materials or workmanship for three (3) years on Marine and Automotive products and five (5) years on Commercial and Residential products from the original ship date. During this period, Star LED will repair or replace defective parts with new or reconditioned parts at Star LED’s option, without charge to you.
- Shipping fees incurred from returns for under-warranty service in the first 14-days will be paid by Star LED. All shipping fees both to and from Star LED following this fourteen (14) day period must be paid by the customer. All returns, both during and following the fourteen (14) day period, must be affected via the Procedures for Obtaining Warranty Service described below.
- All original parts replaced by Star LED or its authorized service center, become the property of Star LED. Any after-market additions or modifications will not be warranted. The customer is responsible for the payment, at current rates, for any service or repair outside the scope of this limited warranty.
- Star LED makes no other warranty, either express or implied, including but not limited to implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or conformity to any representation or description, with respect to the customer other than as set forth below. Star LED makes no warranty or representation, either express or implied, with respect to any other manufacturer’s product or documentation, its quality, performance, merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or conformity to any representation or description.
- Except as provided below, Star LED is not liable for any loss, cost, expense, inconvenience or damage that may result from use or inability to use the product. Under no circumstances shall Star LED be liable for any loss, cost, expense, inconvenience or damage exceeding the purchase price of the merchandise.
- The warranty and remedies set forth below are exclusive and in lieu of all others, oral or written, expressed or implied. No reseller, agent or employee is authorized to make any modification, extension or addition to this warranty.
Warranty Information Conditions
The above Limited Warranty is subject to the following conditions:
- This warranty extends only to products distributed and/or sold by Star LED. It is effective only if the products are purchased and operated in the USA. (Within the USA including mainland forty-eight (48) States, Alaska and Hawaii.)
- This warranty covers only normal use of the merchandise. Star LED shall not be liable under this warranty if any damage or defect results from:
- misuse, abuse, neglect, improper shipping or installation;
- disasters such as fire, flood, lightning or improper electric current; or
- service or alteration by anyone other than an authorized Star LED representative;
- damages incurred through irresponsible use, including those resulting from modifications, improper ventilation, use underwater or as a toy.
- You must retain your bill of sale or other proof of purchase to receive warranty service.
- No warranty extension will be granted for any replacement part(s) furnished to the purchaser in fulfillment of this warranty.
- Star LED accepts no responsibility for any lamp fixture, light outlet, wall electrical controls, in house wiring, fixture wiring or plugs.
- Fourteen (14) day Return Window may not include special order merchandise and shipping and handling fees.
Warranty Information on Return of Non-Defective Products
- A non-defective product may be returned to Star LED within fourteen (14) days of the invoice date for a refund of the original purchase price with the following amendments/fees:
- Star LED will refund neither the original shipping cost nor the shipping and handling fees incurred from the products return. If the original purchase was made under a “Free Shipping” promotion then a standard $10 fee will be deducted from any return in counter to that offer.
- No refund will be granted for merchandise which has been opened, used, or tampered with in any way which jeopardized Star LED’s ability to re-market or resell the product. Star LED maintains full discretion in decisions regarding a products fitness for return.
- Any non-defective returns are subject up to a 20% restocking fee, which percentage is taken from the final purchase price less any shipping or handling charges.
- Special Order merchandise is not eligible for return. Special Order is marked on the original transaction receipt.
To return a defective product, please contact our Customer Service Department for a Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) number and follow the Return of Products Instructions below. The RMA is valid for (10) business days from date of issuance. Returns will not be accepted without an RMA. Manufacturer restrictions do apply. Any item missing the UPC on the original packaging may not be returned.
Warranty Information on Procedures for Obtaining Warranty Service
RMA (Returning Merchandise Authorization) Policy:
- If repairs are required, the customer must obtain a RMA number and provide proof of purchase. RMA and services are rendered by Star LED only. Any shipping costs after fourteen (14) days (starting from the original date of purchase) on any item returned for repair is the customers’ responsibility. All returned parts must have a RMA number written clearly on the outside of the package along with a letter detailing the problems and a copy of the original proof of purchase. No COD packages will be accepted. No package will be accepted without a RMA number written on the outside of the package. RMA numbers are only valid for ten (10) business days from the date of issue.
- Should you have any problems with your merchandise, please follow these procedures to obtain the service:
- Contact Star LED at 954-900-2290 to request an RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) number. Please verify our product center hours when calling.
- You will receive an RMA by phone or email once verification has been made in our system of proof of purchase and warranty validity. Please follow the instructions given by Star LED LLC technical support staff to ship your merchandise. Star LED will not accept any shipments without a RMA number.
- Pack the merchandise in its original box or a well-protected box, as outlined in the Return Shipping Instructions. Star LED will not be responsible for shipping damage/loss of any product outside the original fourteen (14) day Star LED service period. It is very important that you write the RMA number clearly on the outside of the package. Ship the merchandise with a copy of your bill of sale or other proof of purchase, your name, address, phone number, description of the problem(s), and the RMA number you have obtained to:Star LED Product Center
3233 SW 2nd Ave, #200
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33315
- Upon receiving the merchandise, Star LED will repair or replace the items (at Star LED’s discretion) and will ship it back to you within two (2) weeks (dependent on parts availability) via UPS or USPS.
- Cross-exchange: You will need to provide a valid credit card number as a deposit guarantee when the RMA number is issued. Once approval has been obtained on your credit card, the merchandise will be shipped UPS or USPS. You will need to ship defective merchandise back to Star LED within fifteen (15) days to avoid charges to your credit card. If such charges are incurred, the shipped merchandise will be billed at the then current price.
- Star LED will pay for shipping to and from the customer only within the first fourteen (14) days following the original product ship date. Following this fourteen (14) day period all shipping fees both for under warranty and post warranty repairs are the sole responsibility of the customer. The customer also assumes full liability for losses or damages resulting from shipping as well as all responsibility to pursue remuneration for such issues with their selected carrier.
Warranty Information on After the Three (3) or Five (5) Warranty – Post Warranty Repair
For post warranty repair, the procedure is the same as outlined above for RMA and shipping. However, you are responsible for shipping charges both ways, current labor ($75 per hour if not under warranty), and the current price of part(s) used in repair.
Technical Support and Customer Service:
Warranty Information on Warranty Exclusions
Star LED does not offer technical support for any installation of the merchandise or electrical work. A certified electrician should be hired if service is needed. Star LED accepts no liability for problems caused by the consumer, electrician’s workmanship, hardware modifications or additions. Star LED is not responsible for giving any technical support concerning the installation or integration of merchandise the customer did not pay Star LED to install. Star LED is not responsible for loss of power or time, even with hardware failure. Customers are responsible for proper circuit breakers and proper wiring for their own protection. Star LED is not responsible for any loss of work (“down time”) caused by a product requiring service. This warranty is null and void if the defect or malfunction was due to damage resulting from operation not within manufacturer specifications. It will also be null and void if there are indications of misuse and/or abuse. Star LED has the option of voiding the warranty if any one other than an Star LED technician attempts to service the product. Star LED will not warrant any problems arising from an act of God (lighting, flooding, tornado, etc.), electrical spikes or surges, or problems arising out of additional devices, circuit overloads, poor wiring, humid environments, direct sunlight, water damage, non grounded connections, and temperatures above or below the tolerances of the product. Under no circumstances will Star LED be responsible for any refund or remuneration exceeding the original purchase price of the product less any shipping fees. Star LED will not be held responsible for typographical errors on sales receipts, repair tickets, or on our website. Star LED makes every effort to make sure all information on our website is correct.